Monday, September 12, 2005

good as gold

I spent Sunday with an old buddy from college. She has been out of the country for most of the last two-and-a-half years, so we haven't had many opportunities to hang out together. Some friendships are based strictly on proximity. These relationships usually wither and die when one party moves away. True friendships can withstand distance, periods of silence, and differences of opinion. I don't have a large circle of friends, but the ones I do have are as good as gold.

1 comment:

Maya said...

Ours is platinum--resistant to corroding, and sturdy like safe haven walls! You have a beautiful way with words, I'm so glad you are writing. I remember snacking on your mom's food in your little dorm room during our Frosh year. Your postings are good reminders that most people feel like they don't fit in, particularly as children. The key to changing the world is not conforming, but instead making the world conform to our good intentions. - m