Monday, October 24, 2005
a day for sanity
I took a day off work today in order to keep myself from going crazy. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and have a hard time keeping negative thoughts from consuming me. I thought that a day just for me might help. It did. I escaped the fog and cold and headed to my old neighborhood up in Marin. I started by exchanging a CO2 canister for my aquarium and getting an oil change for my car. Then I headed to Trader Joe's to pick up lunch for a picnic at Pheonix Lake. I sat on a bench by my favorite fishing spot and ate, read, edited an essay, and tried to take a nap. The sun felt warm against my back and I enjoyed the sense of solitude. Encroaching shade and a cool breeze convinced me to leave that spot and walk around the lake. My last stop for the day was a Border's bookstore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment